Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

The other night N was in the bath tub. He insisted on holding the shampoo bottle and pouring some into his hands all by himself. I told him he could and watched him do it thinking I could grab the bottle if the soap poured out too quickly. Well, I wasn't quick enough because he dumped a lot of shampoo in his hands and into the bath water before I could grab it. He did a really good job of rubbing the shampoo in his hair then got one of his cups, filled it with water (very soapy water) and took a drink of it. "Don't drink the bath water, honey," I said. " That's yucky! There's lots of soap in that water. Eating soap will make you sick in your belly." His reaction?? "No!! I want it!!" And as he said no a great big bubble came out of his mouth. Hilarious!! I wished I had a camera. It was so funny!

Last night I went up to N's room to tell him to stay in his bed because it was getting late and he needed to get to sleep. He asked where his paci was (I know, I know... he's too old for a paci.) I started looking for i1t and he started laughing. I knew that meant he did something silly with it so I sat there and smiled at him. He raised his foot in the air and proudly showed me that he had stuffed his paci into his sock.

Thursday night I had supper with friends from my Mom's group. N can always tell when I am going somewhere other than a playdate because I get a little more dressed up. This time I even wore a bracelet that he said was "beautiful!" After he saw my bracelet he knew I was going out. He said "Where are you going?" I told him I was going to eat with my friends. He said "I'm going too" as he ran to the back door to put his shoes on. I said "Oh, honey. This is only for Mommy's. You get to stay home with Daddy." He said, "No, I'm going. This is only for N's." Too cute.

D has made a new Saturday tradition of taking N to our local donut shop to get donuts for breakfast. The two of them go together while I sleep in...or pretend to be asleep. Ha! I think N really loves doing this just because it's time alone that he and Daddy go somewhere together. The other half of the excitement is that they take the truck and N loves to ride in the truck. Last week I asked for a long John with chocolate icing on it. Apparently N remembered my "order" from last week because last night before bed he said he's get me a long chocolate donut for breakfast. Daddy let N carry the bag of donuts inside the house this morning. (N really wants to be a big helper. I hope this continues when the baby comes along!) Daddy got a plate for each of us and N handed out the donuts to everyone saying "This's Daddys, this's Mommy's, this is N's."

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: