I took the boys to Grammy's house on Friday for a sleep over at Grammy's. We made it to town slowly but surely. I promise I will never drive the lake road on a snowy day ever again in my life!!! We met Mom at the bar/grill in town. It was nice to be in town on a Friday at lunch time. The noon whistle sounded and the boys were a bit alarmed. "It's just the noon whistle, honey. There's no tornado." Grammy was nice enough to go to the bar/grill ahead of us to save a table and order our food. The bar/grill was really busy and bustling It' was good to see so much activity in town! We usually visit on the weekends when things are much slower. I actually had to drive around for a bit to find a parking spot. As I drove around I went passed the funeral home where Dad's services were. A few mental images surfaced as I drove around. One image in particular was the boys helping the paw bearers carry Dad's casket to the hearse. The boys were so cute all dressed up in their white shirts and ties. I just know I snapped a picture of that moment, but I can't seem to find it right now....We enjoyed a nice lunch, got the boys set up at Grammy's and I headed home. (The boys had a great time at Grammy's. I've been hearing all about it)
I returned to our rental house to work on our claims list. Later than evening D and I needed to pick something up at Lowe's, so we went out to eat while we were out. I enjoyed the most delicious sirloin steak and cooked veggies I have eaten in a long time. For some reason I just can't make a good meal at this house. My crock pot is proving to be finicky and I'm not used to cooking/baking on a gas stove, so I haven't been cooking my usual recipes quite as well. When we got home I worked on our claims sheet for a couple more hours before heading to bed. Before I fell asleep I was thinking about our plans for the next day. We decided we better move our belongings from our "north" storage unit to a new unit that opened up in town (between little house and big house) before the big snow fall arrives. As I was falling asleep I was alternating between thinking about being back in our home town, Dad's funeral and moving our stuff the next day. Before I knew I was having a very clear dream about D and I moving boxes into a vehicle. Box after box went into this empty vehicle. We were amazed at how much we could fit in there and (in the dream) we even mentioned that we didn't even really need the uhaul we rented.. We put in the last box and shut the back door .D got in the vehicle to drive it to the new storage unit. "See you at the new unit." As he pulled away I stepped back from the vehicle to get a good look at it and I realized we had packed our stuff into a long black hearse just like the one at Dad's visitation.
It's weird how our thoughts merge together to form a dream.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment