We just had a very exciting moment at our house! N went pee in the potty!
We bought a potty seat last weekend and set it out for him to see. He has been sitting on it with his clothes on to get used to it (as reccomended by the book that came with it). We have been reading a couple books about potty training, but have not been pressing the issue. This morning N went into the bathroom and pulled out his potty and said "go pee on the potty, Mommy. " So he did! He went potty then sat there for a while as I read him some books. Then he put his potty away and went down for his nap.
I will say, I can already see that this is going to be as much of a learning experience for me as it will be for N. Teaching a boy to go to the bathroom may have it's challenges. Either we need to get a larger training seat or I need to learn how to teach him to sit on the seat so "it" doesn't squirt everywhere! We have a pair of wet pants, some wet socks and a wet floor to clean up as a result of our first time going potty, but that's not hard to fix. N got upset when he got everything wet and I said "that's okay, honey. It's just potty. We can clean it up. Don't worry about it..." I didn't want to discourage him in any way... But, in my head I am quietly thinking "Uh, how do we do this so we don't make this kind of a mess every time he goes??" If anyone has any tips please email me. :)
1 year ago
1 comment:
Some advice...sit him backwards on the big potty. Works like a charm and much less messy!
Post a Comment