4 TBSP butter
1 cube chicken bouillon (dissolved in about 1/8 cup water)
1 teaspoon ground thyme (I used 3/4 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
Dash garlic salt
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream (I used fat free half and half)
3 cups frozen mixed veggies (PW uses fresh veggies)
1/2 cup frozen cubed potatoes (I added this)
2 cups cooked chicken
Store bought pie crust
I wasn't sure how well the frozen veggies would do in the CPP. I was afraid if I cooked them in the pie from frozen they either wouldn't cook all the way or they'd thaw in the pie and create too much extra water, so I cooked and drained them separately before adding them to the CPP.
Cook butter, thyme, flour, salt, garlic on low heat until bubbly. Add broth and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly till thick. Fold together sauce with chicken and vegetables. Pour into greased casserole dish. I made this a little healthier by omitting the bottom pie crust. Lay pie crust on top of chicken and veggie mixture. Vent like you would an apple pie. Bake in preheated oven @425 for 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment