I have several friends who make the most wonderful, delicious
chocolaty peanut butter-y bars called
Scotcheroos. I have attempted to make these bars a handful of times and, for whatever reason, mine always turn out hard as rocks. I tried making them again last week and failed miserably. So, I have come up with an alternative I'm calling
Scotcheroo Trail Mix. It's really simple, there' no real science behind it. You can mix in whatever quantity of each item you'd like until you find just the right combo of sweet and salty that suits you.
Honey Nut, Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
Chocolate chips
Butterscotch chips
Mixed Nuts
Pour into a bag and enjoy. I'm sure there's a sauce you could find to pour over it and bake, but I haven't figure that part out yet. I like the above the way it is because it's an easy "throw together" afternoon snack. Pair it with some ice tea and your good!
No comments:
Post a Comment