1 year ago
Friday, October 21, 2011
Lunch Date
L and I ran some errands this morning. We are both fighting off a cold/sinus infection, so we decided to skip the gym today. L was a super good shopper, so we drove through Wendy's for lunch. (Thank you Wendy's for your gluten friendly chili and baked potatoes!!) We parked at the mall and watched the demolition of a multi story brick building that once housed several businesses and a bank. L loved the front row seat. There were two excavators, two dump truck semis, a big crane and a skid steer loader to watch. L kept saying, "Back ho working! Back ho working!!" There was another car parked near us watching the "show." After a while I decided we could have a better view if we moved to a different parking lot, so we drove across the street and watched from there. L was sad to leave, but I figured thirty minutes of watching machines was enough for me....and we were creeping up on nap time, so we needed to go. L must have been forcing himself to stay awake to watch the demolition, 'cause as soon as the machines were out of site he fell asleep. There's something so sweet about looking through the rear view mirror at your sleeping child. I was glad I had thought ahead and removed his shoes and jacket before we headed home. That way I could just pull him out of the car without waking him. I love carrying the boys inside after they've dozed off in the car. It's about the only time they are moving slow enough for Mommy to get any snuggles from them. I almost always stop at the full length mirror in our room to hold them and to see how big they are. When the boys were babies, I'd hold them and the were tiny, so their feet would dangle at my stomach. They grow and their feet eventually reach my waist. Now L's feet are somewhere between my waist and knees right now. They grow to fast! I carried him to his room and snuggled him for a couple more minutes before laying him down. I savor these moments 'cause I know all too well that they grow up and head off to Kindergarten before you know it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment