This morning N was on a pirate kick. Not sure why, but he realllly wanted to do a treasure hunt before school. We didn't have time. I can usually figure out a way to do a little something fun before school, but today we really didn't have any time. So, I promised him I'd do a treasure hunt with him after school. I remembered my promise at like 3:15, so I had to hurry up and get something set up before he got home. I rounded up some post it's, put little clues on each note and stuck 'em in place all over the house. Then I packed a picnic snack in our lunch bag and set up a picnic snack at the end of the treasure hunt in our guest room. The snack of pretzels, cheese sticks and two miniature oreos and one Hershey kiss per boy was the treasure. I wasn't sure how interested the boys would be in the treasure being that it really wasn't anything too huge, but they loved it! N especially loved the hunt for the treasure. Once again, our picnic snack got N out of his once a week after school funk (that tends to take place almost every Thursday).

One more little story that I told some friends tonight and forgot to share here. The other day N and I were talking over a few new fun lunch ideas. We started the conversation with food. Then a light bulb went off in N's head. He said, " Mom! The other kids at school have their food in these little bags. Like, they have their sandwich in one bag. And their chips in one bag...and the bags stay shut when you sqeeze them!! Can you make my lunch in bags sometime?!" At first I wasn't sure what he was talking about, then I realized he meant Ziploc bags! (His lunch box is like the one below and doesn't require baggies, so I've never used baggies in his lunch.) Once I figured out what he was talking about I smiled and thought it was so cute that he thought it was such a revolutionary idea to use baggies in your lunch box! Then I told him we certainly can try it sometime. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment