Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Weekend

We had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day this weekend. N and I went to the local parade while Daddy and L stayed home for L's nap time. I really enjoy my "field trip" days with the boys, especially when I get to take one of them for one on one time. So, this weekend our field trip was going to the parade. We ended up finding a great parking spot and were able to get to the parade without walking too far. And on the way was the fire station that allowed us to use the restroom. I will have to remember that for next year's parade. Anyway. N enjoyed catching the candy and necklaces the parade people threw out. One of the floats handed out little boiled potatoes wrapped in foil with forks sticking out of them! You had to do a little jig to get one of those. There were several cars with their windows down and music turned up loud. On the way home from the parade N said, "Mom, can we roll down the windows and turn up the music like we're in a parade?" I said absolutely! So we rolled down the windows, cranked the music and boogied. So fun! After the parade, we stopped for lunch and went to the grocery store for a few things. N and I were both pretty tired when we got home, so we took it easy for a while before heading outside to play.

D decided to create a huge spray booth this weekend in the garage to spray some tractor parts. That project took quite some time, so the boys and I found ourselves playing outside a lot. Fortunately we've had abnormally gorgeous weather lately. It's been in the mid 70's for more than a week. I think we even hit 80 one day! Our tulips are already peeking out of the ground and the boys found a toad ("not a frog" as N would say). So, I guess it's officially Spring. I haven't put our winter clothes away though. I know Mother nature can be a little tricky sometimes.
Daddy got the power wheels out a few days ago. The boys are really enjoying riding those. It's amazing how well L can drive them considering his age. I'm just convinced he's very coordinated and athletic and that allows him to run and play the way he does.

Today I made the boys (another Pinterest inspired thing) a fruit tray in the shape of a rainbow with marshmallow and cream cheese fruit dip. N tagged this another form of "fun-due." I went with it. The boys were way more excited about the fruit and dip than I ever thought they'd be! They inhaled it like two vultures. D and I kept looking at each other like, "Holy cow! They're serious about this!" So, I took a few pictures. I wonder if I make a veggie tray in the shape of a rainbow if they'd eat it....Hmmm..

We capped the weekend off with a nice dinner at home and a walk around the block. The one nice thing about being outside the majority of the weekend means the boys went to bed easily tonight!
Helping me make GF meatballs. Should I wear a helmet too?

Rainbow Fruit Tray with Dip (equal parts strawberry cream cheese, marshmallow fluff)

Vultures, I tell you. Vultures. :)



"Butter bread" (garlic bread) makes him look like a Leprechaun

No comments: