Friday, November 2, 2012

Eureka!! Single Serve Brownie


I just figured out how to make a gluten and dairy free single serve brownie that tastes good. I used Pamela's Gluten Free Brownie Mix. I figured out that if I use the Pamela's brownie mix from the 16 oz bag that it costs almost half the price as compared to purchasing Pamela's single serving brownie packets. I realize the single serve brownie packets are very convenient. You can take them to a party and make your own brownie if a gluten free option is not available. That's great. But, if you're at home and only wanna make one brownie, this is a more economical way to go. I'm sure I could make this even less expensive by making my own brownie mix from gluten free flours and cocoa powder, but, at this time, I'm happy with the "semi-homemade" route. Here it goes!!
1/2 cup Pamela's Brownie Mix
2 TBSP veg oil (or olive oil if needed)
2-3 TBSP water (slowly stir in to the consistency you like)
Pour brownie mix and veg oil into a mug. Pour in 2 TBSP water in, stir and add more water if needed. I think I ended up with a full three TBSP's of water. Cook in microwave for 1 minute thirty seconds on 60-70% power. (My micro is 1800 watts, so I find I have to cook most of our food at partial power 'cause the full power scorches things). Check after one and a half minutes. Add thirty second intervals as needed until cooked to your preference. Enjoy!

No comments: