Sunday, December 1, 2013

Home is Where the Heart Is

We have taken 1,416 pictures in the last fifteen days. These are my favorite picture from today.







I started sorting, pitching, photographing and documenting our "soft" claims items today. I got to the spot in my pile of curtains where I had reached my brand new curtains. By brand new I mean I had purchased them and hung them up on the curtain rod, but I hadn't ironed them yet. In fact, the day before the tornado hit Mom and I had a long conversation about the curtains. Were they the right length? If they're too long would it be easier to remove the curtain rod from the wall and reinstall the rod a few inches higher or should I attempt to hem them? And how were we going to adjust the brackets to support the weight of the curtains?? I had finally convinced myself to purchase nice curtains with thermal lining and a matching valance...then they got blown around and soaked with rain water in the storm. After the storm I folded them up, laid them on a shelf and hoped I could clean them or claim them. Today when I got to my new brown curtains in the claim pile I thought, " I JUST bought these. Ugh" As I unfolded them I realized there's no use trying to save them when I saw the water stains in them. And this is the shape of the water stain on one of the panels. It's a perfect heart, but J and I agree that if you think about it you can kind of see an angel with her wings spread open and her head tilted back. Gorgeous. "Home is where the heart is?"  Certainly. "We have angels watching over us?" Absolutely. "Feel the love?" Yep, I sure do.

No comments: