Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Visitors

I have attempted to get things organized at this house, but I don't want to get too committed because I know we're not going to live here long. We're visitors in this house so to speak...but I also feel like a visitor in our other house. Construction has begun on our house. Our contractors are super nice, respectful guys. They are from our parents' hometown. They are there to work and they are doing a good job, but we try not to stay at the house too long because we don't want to interupt their work. We're visitors. We worked on the house this weekend to get more of our belongings boxed up and moved out so the guys can rip out the carpet and hardwood. The majority of our neighbors have crews working at their houses, too. Some crews are local and some have been recruited from other cities and states. Having so many unfamiliar faces on the cul de sac makes our neighborhood a place to visit. So we return to our rental house. Our master bedroom is too small to hold both of our dressers, so my clothes are stored in a dresser in the half bedroom. Our closet is too small to hold all of our clothes, so half of my clothes are in the master bedroom and half in N's. The coats we are not using at the moment are in L's room. D and the boys have their dressers in their rooms, so they are more settled in than me. I'm okay with my dresser being in a room other than my bedroom most of the time, but sometimes it's yet another instance of feeling like just a visitor. We have a roof over our heads and a roof being fixed, but being visitors in two places can make a girl feel homeless sometimes.

No comments: