Wednesday, January 30, 2008

N’s first four letter word...

I went into N’s room to get him up from his nap this afternoon. He was so precious with his sweet little face as he rattled off every word he could think of: lights (yights), car, baby, Chevy (Cheby), fan…. He said it with such innocence and pride. I put my hands on his little face, kissed his forehead and said ‘You are sooo sweet! I’m so lucky that you are all mine…” Ugh, the dreaded word that I’ve worked so hard to guard him from. I have been saying “Mommy’s, N’s, Daddy’s” all this time so that he wouldn’t learn the word “Mine!” I said it. I did it. It’s all my fault. Almost ten minutes later D walked in the back door after running some errands. He was carrying one of N’s toys into the house from the garage and N said “Mine!” …. Uh-oh (another of N's favorites).
We’ll see what comes of this.
:)

No comments: