My sister and I went to the Pussy Cat Dolls/Britney Spears concert last night and ran into some interesting people! We saw people from all ages, races and walks of life. We saw everything from the grammer school girls (who we agreed were probably too young for the content of the show), to the middle aged married couples,to the early twenties transvestites..Ya, you know.. The early twenties cross dressing group. Brit can really draw a crowd! Some people attending the show got really dressed up in costumes that looked like they were straight out of Brittany's videos. We saw an air line attendant and lots of school girls. At the end of the night my sister and I got our picture taken with one of the best dressed Britney look a-likes. The big black feathered hat and curly blonde hair stood out in the crowd exiting the building. The red outfit and gloves looked exactly like the outfit Brittany wore to start the show. A friend who'd already had her picture taken with the "biggest fan" convinced us to get our picture taken too. When we approached the look alike we asked if we could get our picture too and it was then that we realized that the look alike was a man! I've seen cross dressers before (not too many, but a couple), but this was the most convincing one I've ever encountered! It was amazing. I just stood and stared at him for a while before I could believe it.
The concert itself was awesome. I loved the Pussy Cat Dolls! I knew more of their songs than I thought I would and appreciated that the lead singer is my age and two of the other group members are only a couple years younger than me... After realizing they were my age I felt okay being at the Brittany concert. :) The fact that I'm pregnant still kinda stood out and made me feel out of place at the concert, but I was able to enjoy it anyway.
Britney's part of the show was really good. It was non stop circus type entertainment. She had Samurai dancers, a hoola hoop performer, a girl who did amazing flips on a balance beam, funky bicycle riders, even the stereotypcial circus "little person." I will say this was definitely a circus for adults, though. There was some stuff that was too raunchy for some of the young kids we saw there. You've probably seen some of the risque stuff Brit puts in her videos... Just imagine that performed in person. Anyway. It was a great concert. It was fun to leave my little "thirty mile zone" for a bit, but I'm glad to be home. (Thanks to my Mother-in-Law for watching our son so I could go to the show. I greatly appreciate it!!!)
-C
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment