Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Funnies: Swamp Creature

I was teaching N about Thanksgiving the other day over an afternoon snack. I had printed out a coloring page that had a pilgrim and a Native American (to be pc) on it and we were looking at it while we ate. I was telling N that the pilgrims came to America and the Native Americans taught the pilgrims how to grow and catch food. I told him they prepared and ate a meal together using the crops/ animals they grew and caught. I said they ate corn, squash, nuts,berries and fish. I purposely did not say anything about the turkey thinking I could let him say that part. Then I asked N "What else do you think they ate?" N said" oranges and lemonade and swamp creatures!!!" I laughed and said "Swamp creatures? Really?" N said, "Yes, swamp creatures are fish, so they ate swamp creatures." The conversation continued on for quite some time. In the end we determined that swamp creatures are fish and they eat frog legs, then people eat the swamp creatures with garlic. Oh, and, spiders eat ghost tongues, but I'm not so sure that part of the conversation relates to Thanksgiving. I honestly got a little lost at that point. Ha!

No comments: