
So, here is the final product. I finished L's Cat in the Hat fish costume and I thought I'd share how I did it in case you want to do it. I was telling D that you could do this in different colors and accessories to make it into a variety of costumes such as a yellow chicke
n, green turtle, purple monster, etc. If you can't quite tell this is a fish at first, think of a fish laying on the table. If you looked at it laying on it's side on the table you'd only see one eye at a time. N told me I need to change the costume so both eyes on are on the back. I think that's probably a good suggestion. We'll see if I actually have enough time to make that change.
Things I used.
Red cotton shirt
Red cotton pants (nothing sewn to these)
dark red fabric for scales
light read fabric for scales.
Red felt for tail.
Blue, black and white felt for eyes.
Needle and thread...Then after the needle and thread took a long time I switched to fabric glue. What a dream that stuff is!

Figure out what size of circle looks best on the size of shirt you are usin
g. Then cut out circles.


Lay out circles on top of shirt before you start sewing...errr gluing. :)

I started sewing each row by hand which took forever!! After you've got all the scales attach, cut out the eyes and attach.

Final product.


And here's "The Cat."

No comments:
Post a Comment