I started a summer reading program with N a couple weeks ago. Little did I know, our public library had a summer reading program very similar to the one N and I started. I have a piece of paper taped to the fridge with the numbers one through thirty displayed. Each time N and I read a book, he puts an "X" over a number. When he reaches thirty he gets to pick a treat/prize from the list he and I created. This week we completed our first thirty books. N chose to go to the old fashioned candy store on the square and pick out some candy. We ate it on a park bench in front of the fountain together. So sweet (no pun intended). N found a big rock to climb on and jump off of. We made a game that went like this. He'd stand on the rock and I would say the following:
"Who oh who is on the rock? Thomas the train (I'd change this name each time) or a stinky sock?"
N would decide which thing he was then he'd jump off the rock. He loved the game so much that we continued it when we got home. Here are some pictures of our special little Mommy, Son date. We're going to read thirty more books. I think N's next choice will be to see the new Cars movie, but I'll let him decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment