I enjoyed the movie for it's witty humor, however, I don't think it's kid friendly. It's much more grown up than the last Cars. There are a lot of high speed chases, explosions, fire arm fights and talk of "killing" this guy or wishing that guy "was dead." I cringed each time those words were used in front of my preschooler. There were a couple scenes where the characters were caught by their opposition and threatened in some sort of physical manner. Mater is tied up for quite a while in one scene. In the same scene, two of the characters are tied up to a big gear and will be smashed if they aren't saved. There were a few occasions when a car or two fell off a cliff (or other high place of choice) and are either smashed or shown falling to their death. Evidence of the movie being too much for our preschooler just appeared. We heard him quietly sobbing in the hallway upstairs just now. I went up to see what was wrong and he mumbled something about a character from the movie named"Finn McMissile.' N tried several times to put together the words to tell me what was wrong, but it was clear to me he was half awake and half asleep and having a bad dream. Darn. I feel bad for keeping him at the movie. I probably should have chosen to leave the movie when I suspected the explosions and chases were too much. Tonight might be a long night if he has nightmares. Who knew, though? The first Cars movie was much more fun and lighthearted!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment