1 year ago
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
One more step
Today N took one more step towards being all grown up. (Sniffle, sniffle from Mommy). I have been parking my car and walking him into the school every morning. Your other choice is to drive in the drop off line and let your child out at the front door of the school. The child has to get their seat belt off, get their backpack on, open and close the car door and walk into the building by themselves. The doors of the school are a bit heavy, so the child has to be able to open the door (or wait for an older kid to open it for them). N's been wanting to do this, but I have not been allowing him to do it because he's my "dee-dawdler." He moves at his own sweet little slow pace and I didn't want to hold up the drop off line because of it. This morning he asked yet another time if he could walk in by himself. I talked to him about it, told him all the steps to getting out of the car and asked him if he could do them and he said yes. I told him we could try it today. I also told him I wouldn't be able to hug him before he got out of the car. He immediately gave me a big, long hug, jumped in the car and said, "I'll miss ya Mom." He was determined to do it. So, I let him do it. He did a great job. Before he got out of the car he asked me to roll down his window so he could yell Goodbye to L. I did and they exchanged their farewells. N said, "See you when I get off the bus." Then he walked into the building... I must admit...Part of the reason I didn't want him to walk into the building alone is 'cause I like to walk him in and I like to see him get to the gym for my own peace of mind. I guess I just need to let him grow up a little bit more and be a little more independent when he's ready to take those steps. As long as they're baby steps I guess I'm okay with it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
{{HUGS}}
Post a Comment