L is talking sooooo much! He speaks pretty well, but is kind of difficult to understand if you haven't been around him a lot. He are some examples.
He says most (but not all) of his "r's" like "w's."
Snowman sounds more like toe-man
He says "Oopies" instead of "Oopsies."
He calls Capir Sun Waters "rinks"
He has learned that if he reallllly wants something he might just get it if he says "Pleeeeeease, Mommy" in his sweetest voice. This doesn't always work, but it's always worth a try.
I am doing my best to teach L animals, but he insists that any animal about the size of a dog is a dog, any animal the size of a cow is a cow and all birds are geese (even if there's only one of them which would be a goose). Cows say moo, dogs saw arf (or awf) and everything else says oink.
If L wants me to play with him he will ask me nicely to play with him. If I stop playing with him before he's ready, he will find me, take my hand and walk me to the place he wants me to be. He will say, "Sit, Mommy," and he will show me what we are playing.
The other day I got N a bowl of cereal for breakfast. He ate a couple of bites before he jumped up, ran to the garbage can and spit it out. I turned and looked at him to see what he was doing and (with a look of disgust on his face) he said, "That tastes like boogers!" I just cracked up laughing! (Maybe you had to be there for that one to be funny, but I remember it very well. Makes me laugh thinking about it.)
L has been sick on and off with a cold, cough, bronchitis and ear infection for the last five weeks. Ick! (As I mentioned in my last post). The antibiotic and oral steroid the doctor gave him both tasted awful, so he spit them out. I tried to camouflage both of them in yogurt, pudding and chocolate syrup (not all at once, ha!). He didn't notice the difference for the first couple of bites, but once he did notice the difference, he'd refuse to eat the rest. If I tried to give it to him alone, he'd spit it all out. So, after a few days of the meds I was concerned he wasn't getting the appropriate amount to get him past this sickness. Well, my concerns were made clear when I noticed his right ear had ruptured and was draining. I called the doc, they got us in and gave us new meds. These meds taste better, but have other side effects. We can deal with the side effect, though 'cause L doesn't mind the taste of these meds and has taken every dose so far (knock on wood). I knew at some point I would come down with this virus and I felt it coming on a few days ago. I've done my best to take vitamin C, drink fluids and get rest and that has really helped. I also made a yummy veggie soup that I've been eating every day. I am already feeling better, so I think I might whip this virus before it whips me! I really look forward to getting this all behind us before the holidays. And I really look forward to getting back to the gym!!! I've been working out at home, but that's just not the same as going to the gym. Although...When L does finally get better, I may not want to take him to the gym 'cause I think that's where he picked up this bug...Oh well. We can't live in a bubble forever.
We are getting all of our floors (except the wood floors) professionally cleaned and the tile sealed tomorrow. I can't wait! I feel like such as adult saying that, but I think it may help us get some germs and dust out of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment