Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Translation Please: Christmas Edition

I started to write this post a few weeks ago. I need to post it before Christmas is too far gone.
I have done a post like this in the past. I write the words the kids say and I write what they mean to say.

These are things L has been saying.
Seen-ta=Santa (He's also referred to Santa as a monster a few times)
Toe-man=Snowman
Big Lights up top= Outdoor Christmas lights on houses
Crinch= The Grinch
Gin house=Gingerbread House
Miss Muss Twee=Christmas Tree
Mewwy Miss Muss= Merry Christmas
Cho-Locket= Chocolate (So cute!!)

Other not so Holiday oriented words are:
Soomie=Smoothie
Dwaw/Draw=Straw
Blu Shot=Flu Shot
Big Guy Fall Down= L's name for the show American Funniest Videos
Montajm= Any quesses?? Monster Jam!
Big Tato= Uncle T's new nickname
Moy=More
Floy=Floor
Neena=Banana

On a different note ..The boys' favorite Christmas songs this year were Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and the classic, timeless "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas."Yep, that's my boys! Their other favs are still "Dem Bones" and "Monster Mash" from Halloween... I have a feeling we'll still be singing those two songs come Valentine's Day. The boys not only sing these songs, but N can also whistle and "power hum" them. D recently coined N's loud, forceful humming as power humming and I think he is spot on with the name!

The boys' favorite movies this season were the Grinch and Polar Express. (L has his own cute way of saying Polar Express). The Grinch was also a favorite book selection this month. For quite some time our favorite nightly bedtime show has been Berenstain Bears (or Bear Bears as L calls it).

No comments: