Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. It was a great day. It started off well. "Happy Birthday" were the first words out of N's mouth this morning. We even had a full conversation before he asked to watch TV. L and I took N to school then headed to the gym. I keep thinking I need to video tape our morning school drop off routine. It's the same every day. N takes off his seat belt, puts on his backpack and hugs the back of the front passenger seat while I slowly creep forward to the front of the drop off line. He fumbles to open his door and jumps out. I roll down his window. He stands right outside his window then yells "Bye, Mom. Bye, L" as loud as he possbly can. As he runs towards the doors of the school L yells back, "Don't talk to me, N!" (That's a change from earlier this year when L would yell, Bye back N.) Then N struggles to get the school door open and makes his way inside. L and I peel off and head to the gym. This morning we made it to my favorite work out class called Sh'Bam where L says "Mommy shakes her's (yes, her's)  booty."

Mom came over to our house for lunch. She came bearing gifts and a delicious GF/DF/YF chocolate cake... L was super excited to see Grammy. He talked her ear off like I've never heard him talk before. We ate lunch and visited before it was time for L to take a nap. He asked Grammy to read books to him before nap time. He didn't have to twist her arm too far. Mom and I had a nice visit before I headed out to pick N up from school. I really enjoyed picking him up from school 'cause we got a few minutes where it was just the two of us. We got to walk at our own pace and have a sweet little conversation. Grammy not only brought me gifts, but she brought Chutes and Ladders for the boys. N loves it! N and Grammy sang Happy Birthday to me and we blew out the candles and chowed on the yummy cake. L was still asleep during our initial celebration, so we re-lit the candles and sang Happy Birthday after his nap so he could have a turn celebrating.

Then it was time for our babysitter to arrive. She watched the boys while D and I went out for dinner and movie. We ate at Biaggi's again. The one item on the menu that I could find that had the least gluten, dairy or yeast was the Atlantic Cod served on top of whipped cauliflower and wilted spinach. It was super duper delicious. I got to eat the gluten free bread they serve because the waitress informed me that it's GF and yeast free. D and I enjoyed a nice, uninterrupted conversation during our meal. That's hard to come by at our house. After dinner we saw the movie "Lucky One." We really enjoyed it. It's pretty sappy and kinda predictable, but it was entertaining and a nice escape.

Tomorrow we're going to try to Skype with J, T and E. Dad is visiting J&T right now, so maybe we will see him too.

No comments: