Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

N and I had a discussion about saving his money. He has a money bank that Grandpa and Aunt J brought home for him from London a few years ago. It's a cute tin that originally contained little chocolates. It has various scenes of a bear in a telephone booth on each side of the tin. I'm sure Grandpa and J thought N would like the tin when they got it for him, but they would have never guessed it would be one of his treasures.

This morning over breakfast N and I were talking about how kids and grown ups save their money. Sometimes we save money just to have money saved up and sometimes we save money with a specific item in mind that we'd like to purchase. Initially N said he's just saving his money so he can have it. Then, after some more thought, he decided he's saving his money so he can by a car when he's sixteen. He says some of his money will go towards the car itself and the rest will be used for all the paint he's going to use to paint it himself. I asked him what color the car would be and he said yellow, orange, pink and purple. He's going to paint some stripes and one big rhombus (no kidding, he said rhombus) on the side. Groovy, Dude!

No comments: