Children say the funniest things! What I am going to start doing is jotting down the funny things N says throughout the week and post them on Fridays. So, for this week, N has said the following:
D and I were having a "current events" conversation about the recent release of the Lockerbie bomber from prison on "compassionate grounds." We were talking about how he should not have been let go because of the terrible crime he committed. I said something along the lines that releasing the L.B. from his life sentence sets a "precedent" for future releases of prisoners. N was sitting there while we were talking and interjected with "President Obama??" He picked up on the word precedent thinking I said president..D and I were both stunned that he used the word President with the correct/current President's name. Aunt M would be proud!!
D and N were drawing with chalk in the driveway the other day. D was spelling out N's name aloud while writing it on the ground. D wrote and spoke the first two letters of N's name and w/o hesitation, N said the remaining letters.
A friend and her children came over the other day to bring us a meal..Thanks again, J! The Chili Mac was delicious!..They hung out with us for a little bit. My friend's little girl's name is Maddie. N invited Maddie and the rest of the crew to play downstairs. We all headed to the basement to play and as we were walking down the steps N said, "Maddie, you look SOO GOOD!" J and I laughed hysterically. I'm not sure if N meant exactly what he said (Maddie did look very cute, as usual) or if he meant "It's so good to see you." In any case, it gave us a good laugh!
Happy Friday!
-C
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment