I had another doctor's appointment today. Everything is going well! The baby's heart rate is really good and he's very active. As I said in the previous post, the number of contractions I am having has drastically reduced. The doctor wants me to continue bed rest as it is working really well. She said she doesn't need me to come into the office for two weeks (unless I need to before then)!! That's great news! Making it past the 34 week mark is a big milestone because the baby's lungs and liver are developed far enough that, if he is born early, he is more likely to respond to treatment. I have actually lost 4 pounds since I was in the hospital. Weird, I know! I was afraid I'd pack on weight laying around all day, but apparently I'm not. The doctor said to add more carbs to my diet. She'd like the baby to gain a little more weight in the next couple weeks. So basically my job now is to lay around and eat! Great! Never thought I'd have a doctor tell me that. :) The theme song at our house right now is"Eat it" byWeird al Yankovic. I say that because N is being a bit of a picky eater (or he's easily distracted at meal times) and the doctor just told me to eat more. Therefore, D found the "Eat It" music video on Youtube and played it during dinner tonight. N responded to it very well! D and I are finding that you've got to have a sense of humor to make it through bed rest. It just makes things easier.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment