When we arrived at Grandma's apartment that day, the first thing she showed us was (what I will call) her memory wall. It's a wall in her apartment she has filled with pictures of family. Pictures new and pictures old, they are all special to her. Some are black and white, but most are colored photos. She has enough Grandkids and Great Grand kids to start a soccer team and each child's photo is represented on her wall. There are many pictures of Grandpa up there. She also has post cards sent to her from her kids and Grandkids. The post cards represent many states and various countries visited by the person who sent it. As I stood and looked at Grandma's wall I couldn't help but think that this wall is a little representation of a walk through her life. It really tells her story. As we drove home that night and as I recounted our day, in my mind I wondered what my "memory wall" will look like some day. I promised myself I will fill my life with many great moments so my wall will be as full as Grandma's.

No comments:
Post a Comment