Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School

N had orientation for his new preschool last week. He is super excited for that to start. He went to VBS at his new "church school" (as he calls it) this summer, so he's a little familiar with the staff and the facility. We enjoyed meeting N's teacher, A. She seems super sweet and very organized. We also got to see his class room. We immediately found the hook with his name on it where he will hang his book bag and coat. We also found the bathroom (located just off their class room), so he knows where to do all that business. N dove right in and played with the toys. He was very drawn to the toys that you use to build things. He built a police car for his teacher. I think he was ready to stay there for a couple hours as I had a hard time getting him to leave. He is so ready for school. I do a lot of activities with him at home, but he needs more structure than I can give him being that I have to also take care of L.

This week is the last full week before school starts. I'm trying to work in the fun things we haven't done this summer or things we want to do one more time.

Monday we went to the mall to make some returns and went to Target to buy school supplies. I heart Target. :)

Tuesday L had his follow visit for his eye surgery. I took both boys with my 'cause I knew it would be a quick visit and quick it was! The doctor was super, duper friendly (I joked with D that I want "some of what he's takin." That's how friendly he was). While he was doing the exam the doctor said, "L, you have IBE disease." And I thought, oh great! Here we go again! Another ailment...And the doctor said, "That's Illegally Blue Eye disease." Har, har. He turned to N and said the same thing. N thought it was hilarious. The boys were both really good at the appointment, so each got a sticker. After the doctor visit, we went to Rainbow Play Systems to burn off some energy. L is now getting to the point were he doesn't want to sit in the stroller the whole time anymore. He'd rather crawl or "walk" around. There weren't any other children or moms there, so I let L crawl all over the place. I know, some of you may think that's disgusting, but I did sanitize his hands immediately after we played and we took a really good bath that night, so I'm okay with it. Needless to say both boys took great naps/had great quiet time, so I had some nice, quiet time to myself (which I rarely get these days!).

Today we hit the swimming pool at our gym for the kids' play time. I put L in the daycare. I'm not comfortable swimming with both boys by myself, so this worked out great. N loves swimming in the deep end (while wearing his life jacket). He's not one to jump in or be really silly in the pool, so it was actually quite relaxing to swim with him. We had McD's for lunch afterwards.

Mom is coming over tomorrow to watch the boys while I have a lunch date with D. I'm really excited for that. We were in a really good routine of having lunch dates, but fell out of it when L got sick. Then I plan on running a few errands alone! Yay. Friday we will either head to the local farm/park one more time or we'll do something else outside if the weather cooperates. This weekend there is a farm show that D wants to take the boys to. Other than that I hope to get a few things done around the house and relax before school starts. :)

Side note...
As I said above, L is a busy little guy. He's got crawling mastered, so he's attempting walking. He's a brave little booger and I think he's going to be a climber. He's trying to say a few words as well. He says...err yells...the first two letters of N's name all the time. He says Mama and sometimes says Dadda. He also says ball. I'm trying to break him of always drinking from a bottle and he's doing pretty well with it. He's getting accustomed to using a sippy, but he definitely knows what a bottle is. He kinda throws a fit if he see a bottle and you give him a sippy instead, but he gets over it quickly. He's still not sleeping through the night. Ugh! He has reduced from waking up three times per night to once her night. It's an improvement. D and I will celebrate when he sleeps through the night w/o waking up!!

Well, I better go. I have learned that I have to get chores and to do's done any chance I get, so I better get some dishes done, prep supper and make some phone calls while I can. I am getting together with some other Mommy friends tomorrow night for a Mexican themed cooking night. Looking forward to that. :)


No comments: