Most of the instructions I found online used spray paint to make their signs. They spray painted the first layer of paint and the top layer of paint. I decided to use roll on paint for both layers because I thought it would make touch-ups easier. I think the weight of the roll on paint and the motion of the roller (used when applying the second layer of paoint over the letters) caused my paper letters to move around a bit. I ended up having to go over every letter on the sign using the first layer color (ligther yellow) with a paint brush to tidy it up. I think roller painting the bottom color and spray painting the top color may be the best option. That way you the spray paint won't mess up your letters as much and, if they do, you can touch up the colors of the letters using paint and a paint brush. Make sense??


I made this sign for less than $20. I think it was right around $15 actually. I used a large, inexpensive piece of wood I found at the hardware store. I used two sample size jars of paint that were $3 each. I had paint brushes and rollers on hand so that didn't add to the cost of the project.
Here are some pictures....Okay, so I know I took pictures of this project throughout the process of making it, but I cannot find them anywhere. They've just disappeared into thin air...So here is the final product. The second picture is meant to show the size of the sign compared to the door to give you an idea of how big it is.


1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment