This was a busy week at our new house, but the progress is not hugely noticeable if you're not real familiar with the house. (I will post new pictures soon). The "gravel crew" (for lack of a more specific title) came in on Monday to spread gravel around the outside of the foundation, in the basement and in the garage. The foundation walls were sealed on Tuesday. The yard was leveled and the permiter of the house was backfilled Wednesday. At some point during the week the plumbers were in the house to get our plumbing all lined up, but I can't remember what day that was. D, N and I visited the house this afternoon (Saturday) and the basement had been poured.
In my opinion, the most obvious progress came with the leveling and backfilling of the yard. We have a true idea for the size of our lot and how our house sits on the property. We are very pleased with the size of the backyard and the distance we will have from our neighbors in the back. I mean that in the best way possible. :) We are spoiled because the neighbors behind us right now are a good football field away from our back door. We have become accustomed to that space and privacy, so we are looking forward to a similar situation in our new home.
Unfortunately all three of us are under the weather this weekend. Driving by the new house and going out for a quick meal at our favorite Mexican restaurant was the extend of our excitement today. We are all feeling very "punie" as my dad would say. We hope to get better soon so we can celebrate a fun Halloween with N. He is going to be a lion this year. :) I have to dress him up in those cute little costumes while I can.
Happy Halloween.
C, D, N
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment