Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Decisions, decisions


Several months ago D and I realized we are growing out of our house - as many couples realize after having children who require lots of toys and gear. So, we started house hunting. We started our hunt in March, but after looking at probably 200 houses we realized we were not going to find one house with all the features we needed under one roof unless we were going to build..... So, we decided to build a house. Decision #1.

Decision #2.... Who will build this house of ours??
After researching area builders (there are sooooo many!), we narrowed our selection down to three. We interviewed all three, got quotes from them and decided to go with "M." Of course writing this down all seems so simple and speedy from an onlooker, but the process of choosing a builder was a big decision in itself!

Decision #3 Where-o-where are we going to live?
We knew without a doubt that we want to stay in the same town. We needed to choose a specific lot in a specific neighborhood. After many agonizing nights debating between two lots, D and I finally decided to choose the larger of the two lots located on a cul de sac closer to the conveniences of town rather than choosing the smaller (less expensive) of the two lots. In the back of our minds we knew we loved the larger lot from the start (Love at first sight, maybe?) but had to rationalize spending more money for it.... We rationalized it...and now it's ours!! Yeah!!! See the picture attached.

So, after making three major choices we have "opened a can of worms" and will be making many, many more decisions over the next five months as we build our new house... can we say kitchen cabinets, door knobs, appliances, tile, carpet, wood, lights, windows........ I can't wait! We'll keep you posted on the progress. (And I am sure I will get better as being a blogger as I go, so bear with me.)

No comments: