The masonry crew poured the foundation of our house late Wednesday. They where scheduled to remove the forms today, but the (much needed) rain we got will push that out by a day. The concrete needs more time to dry.
In the meantime, I am getting closets, drawers, and cabinets sorted through. So far I have completed the process of going through my closet and dresser. I have one basket for "keeps" and one for "castaways." I plan on taking the things that I don't want to a consignment store in town called Castaways for resale. I usually truck my castaways straight to Goodwill since it's less than a mile from our house, but I figure trying to sell a few things at the consigment store is worth a try.
The plan for next week is to start framing the house as long as the weather cooperates. I will be really excited for the day that we can step into our house and get a true feeling for the size, shape and location. I have a friend who just built a house. She said the first month seems like the longest part of the process because you can't quite get a feeling for what the house will truely be like by looking at footings, forms, and foundation. I'm sure, once this is all over, we will look back at the experience and realize that it actually went by really quickly. I'm doing my best to be patient and savor the moment. After all, these are the last few months we will live in our current home. I will be really sad to leave this house. It is the first home we bought and it is the place where we had our first baby. We put so much time and effort into building the deck, finishing the basement and painting all the rooms. Our friends and family put alot of effort into this house, for that matter. :) Anyway... like D says. We will have plenty of opportunity to do all of those things in our new place. I'm sure we will be able to make a home in whatever house we live in.
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment