Friday, September 17, 2010

Morning Glory

D purchased a packet of Morning Glory seeds this spring. N and I planted them together. I enjoyed planting them with N, but I had no idea how interested we'd both be in following it as it grew this summer. I can see the plant from my kitchen window. I glimpse at it each time I stand at the sink and am amazed at how much it grows. I thought I was taking tons of pictures of it, but I didn't take as many as I thought I did. I wish I had the ability to set up time lapse photography to capture the flower growing. This plant almost had a personality. It would stretch out a limb to reach for something to grab onto. It'd wave in the wind for a bit and eventually decide to grip onto the nearest thing it could find. It eventually started blooming beautiful purple flowers. N enjoyed counting how many blooms were on the plant each day and he'd pick a few to bring inside. Here are some pictures below.